I’ve been a little absent from the blog for a while. The reason is because I’ve been gearing up for yet another back surgery. This time it’s a fusion with a tad bit longer of a recovery period. One of the things that I’ve been working on (besides cleaning the house one last time – because, well, teens!) is making meals that I can freeze. If you read my blog post Meal Planning 101, you may have noticed that I said you can double a recipe and freezer one. That’s what I do even if I need lots and lots of meals. I tried that whole “30 meals in 3 hours” thing. It ended with sore feet, sore back, a pile of dishes a mile high and a big messy counter. Nope! It’s just not for me.
So for the past few weeks, I’ve made double of many of our meals and froze one. I now have 2 weeks worth of meals! Here are some links to the freezer meals I use that seems to hold up well in the reheating process:
- Baked Ziti
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup –
- French Toast Casserole – use Brioche bread and it is decadent!
- Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chocolate Pumpkin Waffles
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole – I use my mom’s “recipe” but this one is pretty similar